Saturday, July 4, 2009

1993 Justice League Task Force Official Membership Card



This nifty promotional card was bound into the centerfold of June 1993's first issue of JLTF. J'Onn J'Onzz strikes the iconic Uncle Sam "I Want You!" pose from old military recruitment posters, with art provided by Sal Velluto.



The card images were printed on a single side, the back blank, requiring potential "members" to cut and fold.



THIS CARD ENTITLES BEARER TO ALL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES ACCORDED TO THE JUSTICE LEAGUE WORLDWIDE (NON-TRANSFERABLE)

6 comments:

LissBirds said...

Why is he busting through a wall? Does this mean he's going around to potential recruit's houses and breaking through walls??

Diabolu Frank said...

If a Manhunter burst through my wall to recruit me, I'd be very concerned about the initiation process...

Bookgal said...

Kind of like the cool-aid man "OH YEAH!"

Tom said...

Just so long as he doesn't make me drink liquid from his head.

Wayofzen said...

^ lmfao

Unknown said...

I just came across one of these. Any idea on it's worth? its worth?