Friday, January 15, 2010

2010 The Martian Manhunter Archives Volume 5 Table of Contents by Tom Hartley

Click To Load PDF


This final Silver Age faux Archive Edition features the origin and last emissions from the Diabolu Idol-Head (including one of the best, Iwangis-- Creature King.) The international crime organization Vulture is introduced, as is its faceless leader Mr. V, necessitating J'onn J'onzz's assumption of a new alter ego, playboy Marco Xavier. Most of Professor Arnold Hugo's appearances are here, including my personal favorite, "The Giants Who Slept 1,000,000 Years." Zook appears sporadically, but is out of place as the series' tone shifts. Miller's stories become more grim, action oriented, violent, and skewed toward older readers. Joe Certa's art is more contemporary and sophisticated. All in all though, these are some of the finest (and a few of the foulest) Manhunter from Mars stories by this thirteen year creative team. For individual listings, download the PDF here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please answer to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at idol-head.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Oliver

Diabolu Frank said...

Oliver, I checked all the links this morning, and everything seems to be working. Maybe you need to download Adobe Reader for the PDF?

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic website, I hadn't come across idol-head.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Keep up the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

This is a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at idol-head.blogspot.com.

May I use part of the information from this blog post above if I provide a backlink back to this site?

Thanks,
William

Diabolu Frank said...

William, the material above was produced by Tom Hartley, and used on this blog with his express consent. I'm afraid I lack the authority to extend that right to you, so you'll have to reach Tom directly.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at idol-head.blogspot.com.

May I use part of the information from this post right above if I give a backlink back to this site?

Thanks,
Harry

Diabolu Frank said...

I didn't create this particular post's primary content, so it would be up Tom Hartley.