Thursday, June 10, 2010

2007 Justice League of America Babies at the hangout by Nick Bradshaw

Click to Enlarge


The Coneheadhunter made an appearance, of all places, at Amazon Princess today. In a post titled JLA Jr, the blog reposted an image alternately titled "JLA Babies" from another blog, which got it off a Tumblr feed, and from there the trail goes cold. I've been trying to hunt down the art credit on this thing for over an hour, and now I'm hopeful one of you fine folks out there can help out, as AP's Michael May would also like to know. It drives me nuts when an artist creates such a fine piece or work, only to have their efforts passed around the internet without attribution. There's a signature and date near the bottom right corner, but it's too small for me to make out (CB?) The year could just as easily be '09, but I'm guessing everyone had given up on the OYL design by the time of J'Onn J'Onzz's brief death. Actually, I'd like to know why J'Onn is the only Justice League of America member not in his classic form. Even Green Lantern Hal Jordan is in his one piece, and most folks seem to like him in the black leggings from Rebirth...

4 comments:

LissBirds said...

I haven't seen this particular piece of art, but I *know* I've seen this particular style before. It kind of reminds me of Sean Galloway...

Wait a minute...it just hit me. It looks like Rafael Albuquerque. The guy who did the "Lil Leaguers" issue of Superman/Batman #51.

Diabolu Frank said...

Not a bad call, but I haven't been able to verify it...

Anonymous said...

When are you going to start the villain count down again. The information you have been giving is good but Iam really looking forward to the countdown, and seeing Malefic on it.

Diabolu Frank said...

I'm sorry I got sidetracked. I'll get on that next week.