Friday, March 7, 2014

2013 Martian Manhunter art by Marcelo Mueller

Click To Enlarge


You might not know this about me, because it's not the sort of thing that comes up in casual conversation, but I really enjoy the artistic stylings of Claudio Castellini. I'm not familiar with Marcelo Mueller, but his most recent work reminds me of Castellini, and other influences seem to include Thomas Derenick, Mike Deodato Jr., Simon Bisley, and early Jae Lee, none of which are bad. I'm glad to be so receptive to Mueller, because the dude is scary ripped. He could have modeled himself for the sweet, Buscema-flavored New 52 Alien Atlas above is what I'm saying.

More Mueller

3 comments:

Count Drunkula said...

That's an awesome drawing of the Martian Manhunter. It's kind of funny that because of the all-green coloring, it seems to embrace both the New 52 costume design with the classic bare-legs version.

LissBirds said...

Tone-on-tone...why hasn't anyone thought of this before?? It works really well.

I still hate that stupid New52 crotch panel. I just can't reiterate that enough.

Diabolu Frank said...

I'm used to it, and it fancies up the legs on the Lego MiniFig.